Date: October 2015
- • Preparing As-Built drawing of the existing King-Post and Rig’s Main-Deck beneath it, after carrying out a rig visit.
- • Performing Structural Study, in order to determine if the existing 4-legs king-post could withstand the weight of the 85ft high rate burner boom (The structural Study showed that the existing king-post will fail, while subjected to the new forces).
- • Manufacturing 2 sets of King Posts Shaft, 3 Tie-Backs & Base Plates.
- • Rig down/Cutting the old burner boom and existing king post.
- • Reinforcing under Rig’s Main Deck water reservoir beneath the king post shaft in both PORT & STBD side, in order to withstand the reaction forces applied to the deck’s Plate, by King Post Base-Plate.
- • Reinforcing under Rig’s Main Deck water reservoir beneath the middle tie-back in both PORT & STBD side, in order to withstand the up-lift force, generated by the middle tie-backs.
- • Installing the King-Post Shafts and tie-backs, on Rig’s Main Deck at both PORT & STBD side.
- • Installing 85ft high rate burner booms for both PORT & STBD side, in collaboration with PDK Co.
- • Designing and manufacturing rig cooling booms and nozzles to protect the rig deck from burner heat.